Installing a new DM Server running on Windows 2008 R2. Initially installed OpenText eDocs DM 5.3.1 Patch 1. After installing, I went to the Library Generator (TBLCOMP.exe) to update our existing DM 5.2.1 CU5 library. Whenever trying to start the Lib Gen, I’d get ‘Abnormal Program Termination’.
There was nothing I could find on OpenText’s kb.
Confirmed I had installed the native SQL client (version 2008 for this environment)
Turned off firewall
Logged in as different user
Changed compatibility mode.
None of those worked.
I remembered that 5.2.1 DM software had issues with DEP (Data Execution Prevention) so I turned this off and UAC (User Access Control).