The original website was a static HTML site using Flash as their menu system. This was slow and prevented potential clients from accessing the site from Apple devices. The goals were to
● To emphasize capabilities/service of Northwest Forest rather than the facilities
● To create an inviting web presence rather than a purely corporate one
● To have a responsive design for better mobile viewing
● To properly integrate the refreshed Northwest Forest brand/identity into the site design
● To revise the information architecture of the site while retaining the content and allowing for additional content in the future.
● To make use of modern web techniques to optimize page load time and search engine indexing.
To meet these goals we created a custom child theme using Genesis 2 as the parent theme. We moved the old content and incorporated new content into the design. We customized the Title and Meta for the main level pages to incorporated important keywords and phrases. We provided training to the end users on how to add or change content.